Prescott College now offers students the opportunity to earn the Arizona Teaching Intern Certificate. The Arizona Teaching Intern Certificate enables individuals with a bachelor's degree or higher to teach full-time while completing the requirements for an Arizona provisional teaching certificate. This certificate will enable you to enter into a teaching contract with a school district while completing training at Prescott College so you can receive full teaching salary and benefits while earning your degree.
This program is online, allowing you to earn your teaching intern certificate at a distance so that you don't have to uproot your life in order to start your new career as a teacher. We even offer a special scholarship to make earning the certificate more affordable. You can also choose to work toward post-bachelors certification, or toward a Master of Education degree with certification in Elementary or Secondary Education at Prescott College.
Learn more about this alternative path to certification.
Arizona Teaching Intern Certificate Requirements from the Arizona Department of Education
|EDU 47001||Foundations of Education||3|
|EDU 47005||Learning Theories||3|
|EDU 47010||Curriculum Design||3|
|EDU 47040||Creating and Managing Learning Communities||3|
- Academic focus essay
- Completed Application
- Official transcripts
- Middle School Teacher
- High School Teacher
- The skills and ability to develop lesson plans that have clear objectives, include assessment of how students will master stated objectives, incorporate higher order thinking skills, and are aligned to state and/or national standards
- Knowledge of and experience with strategies to address the needs of diverse learners (English language learners, special needs and gifted students, students with varying readiness skills and interest levels)
- Skills for articulating lesson objectives for students and checking for understanding at the completion of the lesson
- Knowledge of incorporating valid and reliable assessment tools (including the use of rubrics) and evaluation procedures, incorporating formal and informal assessments within the classroom setting, and knowledge of incorporating valid assessment
- The skills and ability to create a positive and productive environment, incorporating strategies that will ensure classroom effectiveness and that reinforce an atmosphere of respect for differences and commonalities within the classroom community
I've always wanted to complete my education. It had always been a dream for me but there were a lot of outside influences that I let determine my future for me. It's taken several years for me to stop and say, 'wait - I wanted to go school. I wanted to do other things.' I need to do this for me because it's something that I always wanted to do."