If you're ready to be an educational leader with the skills and sensitivities to thrive in your career, this is the online degree program for you. We're committed to providing you with a quality academic experience and an opportunity to engage in integrated and focused application of your learning.
Unlike a traditional 100% online M.Ed. program, this is a limited-residency program that relies on both online instruction and mentored studies. With the guidance of core faculty, you'll complete a degree plan that outlines your course of study. The core courses are prescribed in order to meet certification requirements. At the same time, there is room for some electives for you to pursue your own areas of interest.
- New Student Orientation either On-Campus or Online
- Copy of fingerprint clearance card
- Complete six days per year residency
- 36 semester hours
The Endorsement programs, Arizona Teaching Intern Certificate, Teacher Preparation and Educational Leadership graduate programs: meet the requirements of licensure for the state of Arizona.
The Endorsement programs, Arizona Teaching Intern Certificate, School Counseling Certificate, School Counseling, Teacher Preparation and Educational Leadership graduate programs offered by Prescott College are designed to lead to professional licensure as outlined by the Arizona Department of Education. Before enrolling in a licensure program at Prescott College, students should consult the rules and regulations regarding teacher certification, teacher preparation, and educational leadership preparation for their particular state.
|MEDL 50000||Foundations of Educational Leadership: Merging Theory and Practice||3|
|MAED 57114||Graduate Scholarship and Research Methodology||3|
|MEDL 50020||Sustainable Leadership||3|
|MEDL 50030||School Law||3|
|MEDL 50040||School Finance||3|
|MEDL 50090||Personnel Management in the Schools||3|
|MEDL 59002||Signature Portfolio and Project: Sustainability in Educational Leadership||2|
|MEDL 50051||Standards-Based Reform in American Public Education (Elective)||3|
|MEDL 50060||Leading Authentic Classroom Assessment (Elective)||3|
|MEDL 50025||Sustainable Leadership for Diversity: Authentic Applications (Elective)||3|
|MEDL 50050||History and Motives in American Public Education (Elective)||3|
- Elementary School Principal
- Middle School Principal
- High School Principal
- Vice Principal
- Administrative Leader
- Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Mastery of contemporary and foundational knowledge and theory in administrative leadership
- Ability to integrate theoretical and practical aspects of the field
- Ability to demonstrate written communication skills that are informed, scholarly, and passionate
- Ability to demonstrate oral communication skills that are informed, scholarly, and passionate
- Development of social literacies, including an understanding and appreciation of the ways humans relate to their own and other cultures, and the impact this relationship has on administrative leadership
- Development of ecological literacies, including an understanding and appreciation of the ways humans relate to their environment (ecological, spiritual, and cultural), and of the relevance of these ideas to administrative leadership
The faculty do this amazing balance of being supportive, being there, offering feedback, but also being very intentional in standing back and letting us craft and explore and assess our own ideas."