Study what it means to be an educator in the broad sense with an online master of arts degree. Learn the art of education so that you can apply those skills to the work you want to do in the world. You’ll have the opportunity to cultivate and grow your knowledge when you design a degree based on your passions and your goals. You’ll work with experts in your chosen field, whether that be a teacher you admire, or a non-profit manager that can teach you the skills you’re looking for. Unlike 100% online degrees, this online program is a limited-residency format that combines online classes, mentored studies, and in-person opportunities to connect with faculty and other students.
You have the flexibility to study precisely what inspires you and with the support of our experienced faculty, you’ll be able to expand your knowledge and explore topics in new ways that will challenge you and ignite your inner scholar.
*Please note that we also offer teacher certification and masters of education degrees if you are interested in certification.
Potential paths within this program include:
- Experiential education
- Environmental education
- Adult learning
- Multicultural education
- Global/international education
- Equine-Assisted Learning
With a concentration in Equine-Assisted Learning, you can act on your interest in working with horses to enhance the learning of people in non-therapeutic contexts. You can build upon your previous experience in relational skills with horses, as well as learning theory, to develop an appropriate curriculum that is based on socially and ecologically responsible processes. This concentration will focus on human and nonhuman systems and patterns that enhance transformative learning experiences for others.
Completing the M.A. in Education with a Concentration in Equine-Assisted Learning requires additional structured and mentored coursework beyond the regular requirements for the M.A. in Education.
- $40 application fee
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Autobiographical essay
- Completed Application
- Current resume
- Official transcripts
- Personal statement
- Environmental Educator
- Experiential Education Teacher
- Mastery of contemporary and foundational knowledge and theory in the student's field of study
- Ability to integrate theoretical and practical aspects of the field
- Ability to demonstrate written communication skills that are informed, scholarly, and passionate
- Ability to demonstrate oral communication skills that are informed, scholarly, and passionate
- Development of social literacies, including an understanding and appreciation of the ways humans relate to their own and other cultures, and the impact this relationship has on the your field of study and professional practice
- Development of ecological literacies, including an understanding and appreciation of the ways humans relate to their environment (ecological, spiritual, and cultural), and of the relevance of these ideas to your field of study and professional practice
The way learning is approached at Prescott College is so empowering. The trust and confidence the program placed in me, as a scholar, made me feel that much more confident in my own abilities to set my own course and direct my own process."