A Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies will allow you to craft your education around varied interests and passions. You’ll be empowered to blend courses from multiple disciplines, providing you with boundless opportunities to explore and discover what inspires you. By bridging together knowledge from various fields you’ll graduate with a solid understanding of how the world is interconnected and you’ll be prepared to tackle the challenges of the 21st Century.
Unlike a traditional 100% online bachelors degree program, this is a limited residency program that requires you to attend orientation in Prescott, Arizona. It is also a hybrid program - meaning you will be working in your community and with mentors as well as online.
Our online programs are flexible both in terms of the ability to complete your degree at a distance, and in the ability you have to earn credit for your life experience through our Prior Learning Assessment. We've been working with adult learners through distance programs for over forty years - our programs are designed with your success in mind. If you are a transfer student, contact us to find out how your credits might apply. We have a generous transfer credit policy.
Course formats include:
- Online and hybrid courses
- Mentored study academic courses
- Mentored study internship courses
- Attend New Student Orientation in Prescott, Arizona
- A minimum of 60 semester credits in Environmental Studies & Sustainability
- A minimum of 120 semester credits
- Develop two breadths (similar to a minor)
- Breadth 1 is an elective, with a minimum of 30 semester credits
- Breadth 2 is the Liberal Arts, with a minimum of 30 semester credits
We also offer accelerated pathways into our online masters degree in environmental studies and sustainability so that you can take your education to the next level. Explore online masters degrees.
Please note: This program does not meet the Veterans Education and Training benefits requirements. For more information, please contact our Veterans Services Coordinator at email@example.com or 928-350-1111.
|SES47300UD||Awakening Citizens to Community Engagement for Beneficial Change||4|
|SES47001UD||Sustainability, the Environment, and the Arts||4|
- Academic focus essay
- Completed Application
- Official transcripts
- A strong foundation in the liberal arts with a foundation in critical thinking and creative problem-solving by engaging in a broad, interwoven range of models of inquiry
- Ecological literacy that is based on an understanding of natural systems, and an examination of human impact on the integrity of those systems and the diversity of life
- Global cultural literacy that involves both an academic and a personal understanding of the depth of our interdependence as human beings and communities
- The skills and dispositions involved in lifelong learning include curiosity, transfer, independence, initiative, and reflection
- Skills for inquiry, analysis, and synthesis that include the capacity to use research techniques, mathematics, and other qualitative and quantitative scholarly methods