Explore the many ways that humans relate to each other and their environments through a political, economic, social, cultural, historical or aesthetic lens. As an active artist or scholar, you'll increase awareness and participation in intercultural dialogues while examining your own and others’ beliefs.
You'll have the ability to design this program in a way that fits your goals and your life. Unlike a traditional 100% online bachelors degree program, this is a limited residency program that requires you to attend orientation in Prescott, Arizona. It is also a hybrid program - meaning you will be working in your community and with mentors as well as online.
Our online programs are flexible both in terms of the ability to complete your degree at a distance, and in the ability you have to earn credit for your life experience through our Prior Learning Assessment. We've been working with adult learners through distance programs for over twenty years - our programs are designed with your success in mind. Let us show you how we're different. Contact an admissions counselor to get started on your journey.
Course formats include:
- Online and hybrid courses
- Mentored study academic courses
- Mentored study internship courses
- Attend New Student Orientation in Prescott, Arizona
- A minimum of 32 course equivalents
- A minimum of 120 semester credits
- A minimum of 16 courses in the Arts & Humanities
- Develop two breadths (similar to a minor)
- Breadth 1 is a minimum of 8 courses
- Breadth 2 is the Liberal Arts
We also offer accelerated pathways into our online masters degrees so that you can take your education to the next level. Explore online masters degrees.
- Academic focus essay
- Completed Application
- Official transcripts
- Museum Curator
- Studio/Performing Artist
- A strong foundation in the liberal arts with a foundation in critical thinking and creative problem-solving by engaging in a broad, interwoven range of models of inquiry
- A well-rounded understanding of the humanities and the arts and an appreciation of literature, language, and the arts
- Global cultural literacy that involves both an academic and a personal understanding of the depth of our interdependence as human beings and communities
- Ecological literacy that is based on an understanding of natural systems, and an examination of human impact on the integrity of those systems and the diversity of life
- The skills and dispositions involved in lifelong learning include curiosity, transfer, independence, initiative, and reflection
- Skills for inquiry, analysis, and synthesis that include the capacity to use research techniques, mathematics, and other qualitative and quantitative scholarly methods
The way learning is approached at Prescott College is so empowering. The trust and confidence the program placed in me, as a scholar, made me feel that much more confident in my own abilities to set my own course and direct my own process."