Study the arts, culture, and social sciences with an online master’s degree. Sculpt your own degree, based on your passions and your goals. You’ll work with experts in your chosen field, whether that be an artist you admire, or a non-profit manager that can teach you the skills you’re looking for. Unlike 100% online degrees, this online program is a limited-residency format that combines online classes, mentored studies, and in-person opportunities to connect with faculty and other students.
You have the flexibility to study precisely what inspires you. With the support of our experienced faculty, you’ll be able to expand your knowledge and explore topics in new ways that will challenge you and ignite your inner scholar.
Potential paths within the arts & humanities include:
- Film studies
- African-American studies
- Religious studies
- Gender studies
- Political science
|MAED 57114||Graduate Scholarship and Research Methodology||3|
|MA57708||Engaging in Place: An Active Introduction to Civic Ecology||3|
|MA57711||Worldviews and Sustainability||2|
|MA57703||People and Nature: An Exploration of our Relationships with the Natural World||2|
|MA57705||Climate Justice and Climate Consequences||2|
- Autobiographical essay
- Completed Application
- Current resume
- Official transcripts
- Personal statement
- Professional Photographer
- Art Critic
- Film Director
- Professional Studio Artist
- Professional Writer
- Travel Writer
- Nonprofit Manager
- Mastery of contemporary and foundational knowledge and theory in the student's field of study
- Ability to integrate theoretical and practical aspects of the field
- Ability to demonstrate written communication skills that are informed, scholarly, and passionate
- Ability to demonstrate oral communication skills that are informed, scholarly, and passionate
- Development of social literacies, including an understanding and appreciation of the ways humans relate to their own and other cultures, and the impact this relationship has on the your field of study and professional practice
- Development of ecological literacies, including an understanding and appreciation of the ways humans relate to their environment (ecological, spiritual, and cultural), and of the relevance of these ideas to your field of study and professional practice.
It doesn't really feel like an online program...it feels like a residential program where we all just live in different places and come together and see each other every now and again."