Earn an online teaching degree by learning educational research and theory while gaining practical experience in the classroom. This online degree can lead you to a career making a difference in your community by earning a teaching certification in your home state.
Unlike a traditional 100% online bachelors degree program, this is a limited residency program that requires you to attend orientation in Prescott, Arizona. It is also a hybrid program - meaning you will be working in your community and with mentors as well as online.
Our online programs are flexible both in terms of the ability to complete your degree at a distance, and in the ability you have to earn credit for your life experience through our Prior Learning Assessment. We've been working with adult learners through distance programs for over twenty years - our programs are designed with your success in mind. If you are a transfer student, contact us to find out how your credits might apply. We have a generous transfer credit policy.
Course formats include:
- Online and hybrid courses
- Mentored study academic courses
- Mentored study internship courses
Core Content Areas:
- Secondary Education
- Elementary Education
- Mild to Moderate Special Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Special Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Reading Specialist
- Structured English Immersion
- Attend New Student Orientation in Prescott, Arizona
- A minimum of 60 semester credits in Education
- A minimum of 120 semester credits
- Develop two breadths (similar to a minor)
- Breadth 1 is an elective, with a minimum of 30 semester credits
- Breadth 2 is the Liberal Arts, with a minimum of 30 semester credits
You can also pursue our Master of Education online degrees through an accelerated pathway. We offer online masters degrees in: Leadership/Principalship, Early Childhood and Early Special Education Elementary Education, Secondary Education and School Guidance Counseling.
The Endorsement programs, Arizona Teaching Intern Certificate, Teacher Preparation and Educational Leadership graduate programs: meet the requirements of licensure for the state of Arizona.
The Endorsement programs, Arizona Teaching Intern Certificate, School Counseling Certificate, School Counseling, Teacher Preparation and Educational Leadership graduate programs offered by Prescott College are designed to lead to professional licensure as outlined by the Arizona Department of Education. Before enrolling in a licensure program at Prescott College, students should consult the rules and regulations regarding teacher certification, teacher preparation, and educational leadership preparation for their particular state.
|EDU47015 UD||Core Seminar: Educating for the Future: Multicultural and Environmental Issues||4|
|EDU 47001||Foundations of Education||3|
|EDU47820/MAED57820||Positive Child Guidance & Inclusive Classroom Management||3|
- Academic focus essay
- Completed Application
- Official transcripts
- Elementary Art Teacher
- Elementary School Teacher
- Environmental Educator
- Experiential Education Teacher
- High School Art Teacher
- High School English Teacher
- High School Science Teacher
- High School Social Studies Teacher
- Early Childhood Teacher
- Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
- A strong foundation in the liberal arts with a foundation in critical thinking and creative problem-solving by engaging in a broad, interwoven range of models of inquiry
- Global cultural literacy that involves both an academic and a personal understanding of the depth of our interdependence as human beings and communities
- Ecological literacy that is based on an understanding of natural systems, and an examination of human impact on the integrity of those systems and the diversity of life
- The skills and dispositions involved in lifelong learning include curiosity, transfer, independence, initiative, and reflection
- Skills for inquiry, analysis, and synthesis that include the capacity to use research techniques, mathematics, and other qualitative and quantitative scholarly methods